[modeleng] Second hand boilers

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:34:51 +0100 (BST)

Hi there All,

Does anyone know what the position is regaurding second hand boilers, in
as much as:-

*If I buy a second hand loco and it has no boiler paperwork, and is not
professionally made, but it looks okay (I agree this is no gaurantee that
it wont fail a boiler test); has been used prior to the new regulations,
but I have no way of prooving this, will I be able to get my club to give
it a boiler certificate?

ALSO

* I instead I buy the loco from a second hand loco dealer, who has bought
the loco under the same similar circumstances, but then tests the boiler
and issues it with a certificate to say it has had a steam and hydraulic
test; where will I stand as far as a club boiler tester is concerned, will
they refuse to issue it with a Northern or Southern fed boiler
certificate?

Yours,

Rich.