[modeleng] Re: ... New Loco

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:13:29 +0100

Alan

> One thing does interest me.
> You have painted it BR green, which is the colour I remember them in.
> Heck, I still have my Ian Allen books somewhere. lol
>
> However, despite not seeing them in the LMS maroon, I think that it suits
> them better than the BR green.

I've lost count of the number of people who have said words to this effect.
I did it in B.R.Green because of the nostalgia thing - that's the colour I
remember them in. It is also the only colour that was carried by every
member of the class, so no arguments with rivet counters and finally,
against all comers, it's the colour I prefer 'em in!

Cheers,

Barrie