[modeleng] Re: Grizzly

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:54:42 -0600

Aw!  Man!  That is tough!  And don't fret---we all make mistakes.  Hope that
you can set things right without having to mortgage the greenhouse---

Al

Tony, sorry about the incident and damage to your pocketbook.  I shouldn't
think the roller bearings in the head stock would be damaged though.

In all the 60 years I have operated a lathe, I have never found much reason
to run one in reverse which is why I can safely say I have never done it.
In fact, most of the lathes I have run, only two or three had spindles that
could be reversed and those did not use a screw on chuck, but had a taper
fit.

Jesse in thankfully finally rainy Troy, TN (Now if I can just get a shot at
the squirrel that has decided to dine on my pecan tree crop, I will be
happy)