[modeleng] Re: Full Size Steam Engines

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:27:04 +0200

Pfft . glad to be back on thanks for the help Alan. Seems strange in all the
years that I use this provider I never had spam. One would suppose the ones
connected to the provider would be the first victims.
On to boats.
There is a chap in Holland who is building one of the bigger round ribbed
boats from the Selway Fisher range. Have a look at  http://www.mszwerver.nl/

As far as boatbuilding is concerned this is one of the most detailed. Must
admit however that it is a bit of putting as this is a massive woodwork
task.
If you like to live dangerous you can order a set of teaser plans for the
boat you like from Selway to get an idea of what's waiting.
Try to visit the steamboat people as much as you can, if you become a
regular face they are more reluctant to give info. Also do join the society
as if you turn up at events, make contact beforehand, there is a big chance
you can go along with one of the boats. That's the most interesting part as
most of the meetings are boat trips while the boats spend only a short time
at the mooring and can only be seen in the morning or evening and then the
crew is to occupied to give you much attention.
Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried