[modeleng] Full Size Steam Engines

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:15:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi to all, Back on the list now!!
I am trying to find out information about building a full size marine
engine,the types available, the fore and againists, both for price,difficultity
in building and good and bad designs and a vailability.
Weather i build a simple engine, a double(vertical or Vee) or a compound engine.
What are the ideas of other please?
I have looked at the SBA web site and would like to go up to Windermere in
October for the steam boat museum open weekend.
I would also like to know the alternative boilers i could chose to make and the
additional parts and pumps required.
Regards John Burridge
--

Whatever you Wanadoo: