[modeleng] Re: Flat bar bender?

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:23:53 -0500

Bede,
The Grizzly bender is a nice tool, but not what you really need for what you
are doing.
What you need to do is to make a simple three roller thingie, otherwise you
will have a problem getting a smooth curve.  I have one out in my back shop
that I made to bend a bunch of 1/2" square tubing for track to operate my
little Falk #1.  I will venture out into the cold weather in the morning and
take a photo of it and send it to you at your bede@xxxxxxx addy.  The bender
is fully adjustable and makes perfectly smooth curves of any radius.

Jesse, the REDNECK machinist in Troy, TN