[modeleng] Flat bar bender?

  • From: <bede@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:33:05 -0400

I'm planning a simple end-to-end line here in NY and am planning to use
the "groovy track" method - flat bar (3/8" x 1.5") in slotted
ties/sleepers sort of like this:

http://www.discoverlivesteam.com/magazine/128/

We've made up a few sections of straight which is easy enough, but I'd
really like to try to pre-curve flat bar for the curves.  Does anyone
have any experience using a flat bar bender to make curves?  One model
I've seen is a Grizzly:

http://grizzly.com/products/Compact-Bender-System-Floor-Model/H3184

It seems simple and affordable, if anyone has any comparable
alternatives, suggestions, or experience using one of these benders to
make curves, I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Bede in drizzly Brooklyn.