[modeleng] Re: FW: Question about phase converters

  • From: "Andrew Houston" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:47:35 -0000

Chrisc

The inverters I've bought didn't come fitted with 13A plugs.  I think that
the best we can assume is that, if three people are asked to design an
installation, there will be four solutions and, as my old "Rotating
Machines" University Lecturer used to say, "All of them wrong".

I've been reading the Discussion Group on the IEE web-site about Wiring and
Regulations.  It's interesting to see how many opinions there are on what
the Regs mean about certain scenarios.  If "professional electricians" are
having to ask questions, what chance does Mr T. C. Mits (The competent man
in the street) have of getting it right.

Andy