[modeleng] Re: FW: Question about phase converters

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 19:59:15 +0000

Andy said:
>Suffice it to say that if you haven't got the
necessary experience to safely install the electrics or the knowledge to
safely modify it, you should seek professional help.<

Now there we are in agreement! But be a bit careful, as some of
"professional help" can be a bit
dubious, and you should get one professionally qualified. Not like a
"professional satellite TV installer"
I heard of, who was actually a butcher by trade!

I should add that my inverter etc is not a 'permanent installation',
insofar as it plugs into a 13
amp socket - so it's correctly  fused. Any requirement that exceeds the 13
amps that a 13 amp socket
is rated for becomes a whole new ball game needing professional action -
and there aren't that
many 13 amp plugs that  can actually handle 13 amps for long without
getting very hot. I can't
remember if it's BS1363 or 1363A that has the best current carrying
capability.......

Somewhat off topic Andy, do you know of any source of RF proof RCD's? The
MK ones definitely aren't,
and they don't respond for requests for info. It's arguable whether in
fact they should be CE marked..
but that opens up a whole new line of discussion on standards! (which is
also aprt of my job, and
accounts for for so much travel)

Peter Chadwick - on the way to Swindon in a few hours