[modeleng] Re: Drain Cocks

  • From: "Peter Beevers" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 06:59:37 -0000

Peter,

Hmm, they will have to deal with steam at near boiler pressure - when they
are closed, and steam is admitted into the cylinder on the power stroke,
they will have to stay closed despite that pressure. Worst case, they may
have to resist (for very short periods, when starting), almost 100% boiler
pressure, depending on the efficiency of your steam circuit.

In general, the pressure will be less - while running probably no more that
30-40 psi.

Hope this helps

Peter