[modeleng] Re: Copper boilers

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:25:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there Al,

One slight thing which you mentioned, which no-one seems to have commented
on.

Over here in the UK, we normally give steel boilers an annual test
(correct me if I'm out of touch anyone), but copper boilers are only
tested every two years, and I had been lead to believe that this was just
the hydraulic test.

I know that the initial hydraulic test is to twice working pressure -
has someone mentioned before that some retests need only be to 1.5 times
working pressure?

Yours,

Rich.