[modeleng] Re: An innocent abroad

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:56:06 +0000

Thanks for that.

I'm like Samuel Johnson with dogs walking on hind legs or women preaching: I
don't expect it to be done well but'll surprisded to see it done at all.

The thing about overtype dynamos is that they have a large and conspicuous
set of windings rising above the armature and accordingly I think I need to
make it with windings rather than just use a permanent magnet which I've
done in the past (and which is why I know electrons are blue).

I certainly could just use the brushes from the car dyanamo but one of the
notable features of the old dynamos I've seen is that the brushes look like
brushes. I'm wondering about using a car earth strap and teasing the ends
out but if anyone knows better...

I cert