[modeleng] Re: An innocent abroad

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:03:14 -0500

I suggest it. Anyone second the motion?

Seriously, though, there are a few Edison overtype dynamos in  Greenfield
Village / Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn Michigan. Their curator may have
winding diagrams or other info that would be helpful to you. Maybe you could
try a Google search for H F M / Greenfield Village and see.

For brushes, if you want to use metal stranded brushes as the originals did,
you might try stranded woven copper solder wick - available at any
electronics shop for absorbing excess solder on electronic component joints.
Nice and fine, and frays beautifully.

Good luck, Jeff Dayman Waterloo Ontario Canada