[modeleng] Re: 12" scale loco

  • From: <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:21:25 -0000

Hi Dave,

I did mention your name and he said that he knew you.

He also mentioned something about a falling out at SVR but I couldnt really
make head not tail of what he was telling me.

Any rail would have been useful as Bullhead especially seems to be in short
supply and very expensive at the moment because of the World steel prices.
I have the mixed blessing of being the Treasurer which means juggling
limited funds whilst trying to keep everybody happy.

To put things into perpective,your budget for fixing  landslips is about the
same as my anticipated total costs for building our whole line.

At the moment I have managed to get sufficient rail of reasonable condition
for another 900 feet of track which hopefully will keep my Permanent Way
gang busy for a while and off my neck.

Another major operation at the moment is the start of digging out to form
the Station.

Let me know if you do come down this way as we are normally only on site
Thursdays and Sundays.

Regards

Clif