[modeleng] Re: 12" scale loco

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:47:06 -0000

The Banter between GWR and LMS has been more than vicous at times but having
fired and driven locos in many countries, steam is steam so appreciate what
we have got, full size or minature. However, we live in a free world and we
are all entitled to our opinion, I think the haggis is a piece of scrap, the
Duchess is the finest looking loco ever built and anBlack five is the best
from a footplatemans point of view. Many others will argue that an A4 is
better lookin and a B1 is better.... (Why didn't they build more then?)....
Othoers will say a King is the best looking and a hall is the footplatemans
friend. If we didn't have different opinions, the world would be a boring
place and all the locos would look the same. This is a light hearted sire,
don't take it so seriously, if we all did, the site would close along with
most of the preserved railways in the country, we run on humour.

Dave.