[modeleng] rail

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:31:18 +0000

clif said:
>Any rail would have been useful as Bullhead especially seems to be in
short
supply and very expensive at the moment because of the World steel prices.
<

I think I read in the SVR magazine that scrap steel (or cast iron?) was
fetching £100/ton. But there must be thousands of quids worth lying about
on 'Notwork Rail'. There's a fair amount of bullhead in what was Stroud
goods yard, Cliff, and some at Gloucester, too, if you could persuade
Network Rail to let you have it . At £100/ton. it probably isn't worth
their while to get contractors to lift it.

Peter Chadwick
Swindom

----------
Zarlink Semiconductor Limited is a Company registered in England and Wales
under number 00705031 with its registered office at Cheney Manor, Swindon,
Wilts SN2 2QW, England.

This email is confidential and may contain information that is privileged and
exempt from disclosure by law.  If you have received it in error, please contact
the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system; you
should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.  Emails are not secure
and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended,
lost or destroyed, or contain viruses.  Anyone who communicates with us by email
is taken to accept these risks.