Re: [MoAccess] One more question about the editors

  • From: "Jes" <jesman598@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:14:32 -0400

Bryan. Being a natural piano player, it is crucial that the piano produces
different sounds depending on what you do with the instrument such as pressing
and releasing the sustain foot petal. Therefore, I congratulate Yamaha for
doing such an outstanding job on making the piano so realistic. Since you have
so much control over the filters and the sound of the piano, it is almost
impossible to tell a difference between a real piano versus a piano sample
played on the xs. Saying that, I think the xs is somewhat of an educational
tool rather than just a studeo quality work station. Take the guitar sounds for
example. Since in theory you are playing an actual guitar when you select the
guitar samples, you have to be somewhat knowledgeable on the acoustics of the
instrument and what a guitar is supposed to sound like. I previewed the xs for
a friend of mine who plays guitar, and they said that the guitars were so real
that they would not have known I was using a keyboard if I hadn't told them.
Any thoughts?

  Jes