[mira_talk] Re: 32-bit version for mira 3.2.1?

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:38:42 +0200

There is a very thorough and very good exercise devised by Bill Pearson (the
one who made FASTA) on the website of the Workshop for Molecular Evolution. It
shows the different programs and the use of different matrices, and in general
how to relate e-values to homology:

http://workshop.molecularevolution.org/resources/activities/fasta_blast_activity

There is also the accompanying presentation (pretty dense, but very precise):
http://www.molecularevolution.org/molevolfiles/presentations/pearson_wcg11_11a.pdf

Lionel