[mira_talk] Re: 32-bit version for mira 3.2.1?

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:07:57 +0200

Hi Robin,

I'm teaching a practical in de novo genome assembly in a workshop for PhD
students and post-docs. They are assembling the same dataset using different
assemblers, among which MIRA, comparing the results and discussing the
different solutions. I cannot really see how this wouldn't be considered as
"academic". And, in addition, as Bob and John put it, mira is easy to use, and
a very interesting and clever tool.

Would you mind developing why you consider MIRA as a non-academic tool?

Regards,

Lionel