[macvoiceover] Re: Turning off type-ahead in Safari

  • From: "Cheryl Homiak" <chomiak7737@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:46:31 -0600

I've been wondering about this myself; I kind of like the feature but was trying to help Carla turn it off at one point. I just did another look through safari help and another google search. It appears that the only way to stop type ahead in the address bar would be to chage your history setting which is in the general settings. I think if you change it to one day you would still have some attempts at type ahead but since this is drawn from history, at least you'd have less. the information I found related to safari 2.0 but since I found nothing newer on the subject I'm assuming until I find otherwise that safari 3 works the same way and that there is actually no way to just turn off this feature. Perhaps if you got into the plists for safari you could do something but my search so far hasn't revealed a way to do this. There's also private browsing, which keeps pages from being added to history but unfortunately it changes other things that have nothing to do with type ahead.