[macvoiceover] Re: Turning off type-ahead in Safari

  • From: Lewis Brock <lewisjbrock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:28:14 +0000

hi all

with reference to this matter I advise all who have this problem to fill in the bug report form found in the main menu of safari to inform apple of this problem along with others you may find. I have done so and encourage others to do so

I found myself in the same problem and it is rather annoying to say the least.

its not the best kind of issue when it comes to dealing with inputting a web link into the address bar to be disturbed by other data.

lets hope we get a fix on this issue

lew

On 25 Feb 2008, at 18:18, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I've tried turning off autofill in the past and as I recall it didn't seem to help significantly. It was my understanding tht autofill was for passwords and forms and did not affect type ahead in the address bar. Keith, can you explain specifically how turning off autofill changed type ahead in the address bar?

Thanks.

Lewis Brock
Blind Musician and Composer of 21st century synth music

Phone: +44 07857 352828
E-Mail: lewisjbrock@xxxxxxx
MSN / Adium: lewis.brock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SKYPE: lewisjbrock