[macvoiceover] Re: Turning off type-ahead in Safari

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:43:08 -0500

Cheryl and others,

The only box I have checked is for user names and pass words. It is also helpful to have history set for as short time as you can.

Now as to the question, how has this helped me? There seems to be less filling in going on in the address bar, because fewer things are selected and fewer things are remembered. Its not perfect, but, it seems to be a good workaround.

This seems to work for me.

HTH.

Keith Reedy

On Feb 25, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I've tried turning off autofill in the past and as I recall it didn't seem to help significantly. It was my understanding tht autofill was for passwords and forms and did not affect type ahead in the address bar. Keith, can you explain specifically how turning off autofill changed type ahead in the address bar?

Thanks.