[macvoiceover] Re: Lion is frustrating in 3 areas

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:49:42 -0400

it is accessible, you just have to turn on vo.

On Oct 12, 2011, at 7:21 AM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi Russell,
how about you just reboot your Mac from the recovery partition that Lion
created (hold down the Option key while the Mac is booting up and selecting the
partition from the list of bootable drives, this step isn't accessible so you
might want to ask someone sighted for help). Then, you could start VO and
select the Reinstall Mac OS X Lion option from the menu. This won't erase
anything from your drive, it'll only repare your installation and check for any
corrupted files and such. Once the installation is completed, you will be taken
back to your usual system, so then you can check if your problems still persist
or if that solved some issues.
Btw, did you format your drive and then installed Lion when it came out, or did
you just upgrade? I first tried upgrading myself, but honestly, as I found I
was having too many issues and hick-ups, I did a format and install later,
backing up all my files beforehand and then putting them back in place after
the installation.
Hth!
Robin>

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx