[macvoiceover] Re: Lion is frustrating in 3 areas

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:23:39 -0400

Maybe we can find a specific person at apple to discuss things like this with.

On Oct 11, 2011, at 12:09 AM, olivia norman wrote:

Have you shared your feedback with Apple?  I'd suggest sending the
accessibility crew an email outlining what you just wrote here.
I've experienced the safari issue with the tool bar, and sometimes I just use
my machine with SL on it to navigate the web for the moment.
Olivia

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.", Steve
Jobs

On Oct 10, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm becoming quite frustrated with Lion in the following 3 areas… perhaps
> there's something I need to change in settings to get things to work better,
> I'm not sure.
>
> 1.  Spotlight search.  I loved Spotlight search in Snow Leopard.  I could
> find anything, a file, email message, whatever.  All I needed to do was press
> command - space, type in a word or two, arrow down a list of results, press
> enter on the result and it would open.  In Lion, I press command, space, type
> in a word or two, then, as I am arrowing down the list, I keep getting
> interrupted by the message, "system has new window".  If I can manage to get
> VO focused on the result I want, when I press enter on it, sometimes it will
> open, but most of the time it takes me to some sort of search dialogue box at
> which point I need to VO right arrow till I find a list of results to
> navigate through… way more cumbersome in my opinion.
>
> 2. Safari.  I find that quite often, instead of a website opening within the
> page, I am placed in the toolbar, and quite often cannot get out of the
> toolbar.  VO right arrow just keeps going around in a loop through the
> toolbar, and tabbing does the same.
>
> 3. Item chooser.  In Snow Leopard, I would quite often use the item chooser
> to choose a piece of text I knew was on the page.  I would get a nice list of
> results with the desired text in it, and I could just arrow down the list,
> press enter on the one I wanted, and I would be taken right to that spot on
> the web page.  Now, in Lion, 95% of the time I am presented with results that
> have absolutely nothing to do with what I typed.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing these frustrations?  Has something changed in
> Lion that I'm not aware of?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.!
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Russell>

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jonnie Appleseed