[macvoiceover] Re: Lion is frustrating in 3 areas

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:54:38 -0400

you don't need sighted assistance to do this, just turn on vo when the boot
finishes.

On Oct 13, 2011, at 11:37 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi Robin,

That's a good idea… I'll try to do that when I have some sighted help around
and will let you know how it goes.  I wonder if this will  cause problems with
the new update that just came out?

Thanks

Russell
On 2011-10-12, at 5:21 AM, Robin Kipp wrote:

> Hi Russell,
> how about you just reboot your Mac from the recovery partition that Lion
> created (hold down the Option key while the Mac is booting up and selecting
> the partition from the list of bootable drives, this step isn't accessible so
> you might want to ask someone sighted for help). Then, you could start VO and
> select the Reinstall Mac OS X Lion option from the menu. This won't erase
> anything from your drive, it'll only repare your installation and check for
> any corrupted files and such. Once the installation is completed, you will be
> taken back to your usual system, so then you can check if your problems still
> persist or if that solved some issues.
> Btw, did you format your drive and then installed Lion when it came out, or
> did you just upgrade? I first tried upgrading myself, but honestly, as I
> found I was having too many issues and hick-ups, I did a format and install
> later, backing up all my files beforehand and then putting them back in place
> after the installation.
> Hth!
> Robin>

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx