[mac4theblind] Re: damage limitation

  • From: Samuel Negron <samuel_negron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:28:12 -0600

You can also preheat your oven to 110 degrees and leave it in there for a couple of hours. Yes, this does work. A friend of mine just did this with his iPhone 5 after he dropped it in a drainage ditch, and fished around for nearly a minute before finding it.

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Granados
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:27 AM
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: damage limitation

Leave it packed for several hours, preferably the better part of a day.

On Nov 12, 2013, at 10:22 AM, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

good tip, styro preen will work but for how long do you leave it packed?

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you haven’t damaged the chip or shorted anything out internally you should pack the phone in rice. The rice will suck the moisture from with in the phone. By rice I mean of course uncooked dry grains.

On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:29 AM, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

try drying it with a hair drier. it takes time for all the water to seep through, dry it in bursts of a minute or so because you don’t want it to get to hot. you could also wait another day or so to see if it comes back to life. What has happened is that water has reached something preventing operation.

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Nov 12, 2013, at 3:31 AM, Mackenzie Andrew (EAST CHESHIRE NHS TRUST - RJN) <andrew.mackenzie4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, I have dropped my iphone into a small amount of water and thought I’d initially saved it from drowning. The thing continued to work for an hour after and has now given up the ghost. Obviously donn’t know if the thing is doing anything currently but there is no audible sound coming from it. I will get some sighted help with this but it isn’t looking hopeful. If repair needed here best in the uk to have it done? Due to upgrade in march/april next year so don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on this.

Thanks

Andy

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere