[mac4theblind] Re: damage limitation

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:29:28 -0500

try drying it with a hair drier.  it takes time for all the water to seep
through, dry it in bursts of a minute or so because you don’t want it to get to
hot.  you could also wait another day or so to see if it comes back to life.
What has happened is that water has reached something preventing operation.

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Nov 12, 2013, at 3:31 AM, Mackenzie Andrew (EAST CHESHIRE NHS TRUST - RJN)
<andrew.mackenzie4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, I have dropped my iphone into a small amount of water and thought I’d
initially saved it from drowning.  The thing continued to work for an hour
after and has now given up the ghost.  Obviously donn’t know if the thing is
doing anything currently but there is no audible sound coming from it.  I will
get some sighted help with this but it isn’t looking hopeful. If repair needed
here best in the uk to have it done? Due to upgrade in march/april next year so
don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on this.

Thanks

Andy

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information
with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere