[mac4theblind] Re: macbook air and vmware

  • From: Samuel Negron <samuel_negron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:34:26 -0600

I call BS on PC Mag and say they must have an Apple bias. My own personal experiences point to no contest between Windows on my laptop vs Windows on my Mac. Also, my university has all their computers linked via a virtual machine, VMware, and it does run nicely, but VMware and Windows are running on core Windows machines. So yes, virtual machines can run Windows and just as well as having it localized on your PC, but that breaks down when it gets translated to Mac.

Windows 7 is actually a very stable OS.

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Granados
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:02 AM
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: macbook air and vmware

Actually, not always correct. PC magazine gave the Mac the award for the best PC platform.:) Windows runs very stable under VMWare and in fact as stable as windows usually is which admittedly isn’t hugely stable. My employer runs hundreds of virtualized windows environments in a huge cluster. In 2013 there’s no real specific advantage to running software in a dedicated verses virtualized environment.

On Nov 11, 2013, at 7:31 AM, Samuel Negron <samuel_negron@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cheaper and more stable. As awesome as it is that you can run Windows via a virtual machine on a Mac, nothing is going to beat using a dedicated Windows machine.

That being said, if she wants to primarily use os x, and just use Windows for advanced word processing and K1000, VMware works fine on os 10.9.

Sam Negron

On Nov 11, 2013, at 6:15 AM, "David Hilbert Poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

what does she want to do with a mac? there are cheaper systems if all she wants to do is use windows.

On Nov 11, 2013, at 7:03 AM, john farina <farina1952@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning all,

I was speaking to a friend over the weekend and she may be interested in a mac with windows. While I am familiar with the macbook I own, I am uncertain if the macbook air currently would support putting windows on it via vmware? Any thoughts appreciated.

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time