[mac4theblind] Re: macbook air and vmware

  • From: "Mackenzie Andrew (EAST CHESHIRE NHS TRUST - RJN)" <andrew.mackenzie4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:46:55 +0000

Hi all, what it vmware?

Andy

________________________________
From: mac4theblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mac4theblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George B
Sent: 11 November 2013 13:20
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: macbook air and vmware

Yes it will

From: mac4theblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mac4theblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kliphton -------
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 04:29
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kliphton
(iMessage&Email) kliphton.a.m@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:kliphton.a.m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
(Twitter,Instagram,FourSquare&Skype) kliphton72
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2013, at 6:03 AM, "john farina"
<farina1952@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:farina1952@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Good morning all,

I was speaking to a friend over the weekend and she may be interested in a mac
with windows. While I am familiar with the macbook I own, I am uncertain if the
macbook air currently would support putting windows on it via vmware? Any
thoughts appreciated.

john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It all depends on how she will use windows.  For example.  I use it because of
the office suite, I need to use excell for handling my business spread sheets.
Numbers and I don't get along, so this is my reason for using it.  I also do
some converting when on the windows side, but that is about it.  But I
recommend at least 4 gigs of ram deadicated to windows if she does run fusion.
Based on the OS, and whatever screen reader she uses, this will keep it from
being slugish.  HTH

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information
with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere