[mac4theblind] Re: New member thinking of getting a Mac mini with Lion Server 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 -

  • From: "Gary Schindler" <garys5462@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:25:57 -0500

You do not need a monitor.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Craig
  To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:17 PM
  Subject: [mac4theblind] New member thinking of getting a Mac mini with Lion
Server 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 -

  Hello everyone,

  I am new to the list.

  I am a windows and Jaws user.  I am considering getting a Mac computer to
learn the Apple OS and possibly making the switch.

  I have iOS devices.

  I am looking at the Mac mini with Lion Server 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7.

  I was considering getting that computer and using my TV as a monitor.  But,
do I have to use that computer with a monitor?  Would Voiceover still work even
if I do not have a monitor connected?

  What about the differences between Lion Server and regular Mountain Lion as
it relates to voiceover stability?  Is one preferred over the other?

  I am only considering Lion Server because I could get a good deal with the
Mac mini running that OS.

  For faster and optimum performance, is there a big difference between 4 or 8
gigs of ram?

  Well I hope I did not bombard the list with too many elementary questions.

  Regards.