[mac4theblind] Re: New member thinking of getting a Mac mini with Lion Server 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 -

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:26:47 +0000

with reference to lion server.

OS X mountain lion is installed by default with the Mountain lion server PLUGIN
mounted. this will, by apple be configured as a standard mode but on first
launch of the server app, will ask if you want to create workgroups, etc. you
don't have to use the server portion.

with reference to the mac itself, because apple make systems that are now
impossible for an end user to upgrade and this is now confirmed by apple
through the new iMac, macbook air, macbook pro retina models, etc, you must
order your machine with a spec you know you're going to need, otherwise you're
stuffed, because the ram is built to the logic board as soldered components and
not user replaceable.

the server edition mac mini is a good solution if you want dual drives for
storage, my best advice is to maximise the performance of the mac mini by cpu
upgrade on the apple store, ram upgrade etc and go from there.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.