[mac4theblind] New member thinking of getting a Mac mini with Lion Server 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 -

  • From: Craig <facecraig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:17:52 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am new to the list.

I am a windows and Jaws user.I am considering getting a Mac computer to learn the Apple OS and possibly making the switch.

I have iOS devices.

I am looking at the Mac mini with Lion Server 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7.

I was considering getting that computer and using my TV as a monitor.But, do I have to use that computer with a monitor?Would Voiceover still work even if I do not have a monitor connected?

What about the differences between Lion Server and regular Mountain Lion as it relates to voiceover stability?Is one preferred over the other?

I am only considering Lion Server because I could get a good deal with the Mac mini running that OS.

For faster and optimum performance, is there a big difference between 4 or 8 gigs of ram?

Well I hope I did not bombard the list with too many elementary questions.

Regards.