[lit-ideas] Re: ye olde political mindset

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:44:04 -0400

Heart, right, in the form of mountains of skulls and exhortations to
confine and torture the bastards, in secret no less, even if literally
something like over 85% of the prisoners who were in Abu Ghraib were just
regular Iraqis.  Gitmo is anybody's guess.  Read Ron Susskind.  That's how
this administration won hearts and minds after they blew off the war.  Then
the Americans can't figure out why they're hated.  Ron Suskind and Tom
Ricks should be mandatory reading for all Americans, except Americans can't
tear themselves away from Mel Gibson.