[lit-ideas] Re: faith

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:50:52 -0400

 Hi,
Hm...what might it show?

1) For some people there is a genetic predisposition towards 'religion'

2) For some people they go with the mystical manner of looking/viewing at the
world

3) Some people are more apt to follow the teachings of their environment (or to
rebel against their environment--isn't there a study which shows the
generational swings from Gen 1 being very religious to Gen 2 being mildly
religious [form not insight] Gen 3 not understanding the form thus completely
walking on the outside of the religion and Gen 4 being very religious again.

I wish all my studies on this were not buried in boxes...I think I hoped never
to want to see them again...

4) Some people have been knocked one side of the head by Their Very Own
Personal Spiritual Deity and cannot fathom that some Others have not been
knocked on one side of the head, as well.  And, instead of accepting that some
people get whacked with insight and others do not, they blame the victim who
has not been whacked instead of the victimizer (ie their own personal deity)
for not whacking a few more

5) Some people are "Chosen" and some are not.  Perhaps a rhyme or reason,
perhaps not.  \

6) The theories of how people are coming through This World, over and over
again, in order to either learn life lessons, re-create the world into what it
was once [a branch of Kabbalah), or more (i.e. see the New Age-y Sacred
Contracts by Caroline Myss [my current personal favorite of that genre <g> I
like to imagine that we all sat up on our clouds in heaven working through some
grand spreadsheet figuring out who we were going to connect with for each
minute [including those on Our List] in order to learn our grand Life
Lessons--and Paul's very well may be to make all of us learn to define our
words and thoughts in some sort of coherent manner so that we do not end up in
#4 listed above.  Thank you, Paul!! <g>]

7) Paul and others really DO have 'faith' but just may define it a tad
differently.  After all, every time one of us gets behind a tin can made of
steel and drives along quite rapidly, we have faith that the majority of people
will stay on their side of the road so that one can gauge one's progress
without getting whacked in more than just the head.   Takes almost as much, if
not more, faith to do that without swallowing one of Big Pharma's pills, if you
ask me at particular moments of time...

I'm sure, given a bit more time, that I can think of a few other thoughts...

Trying to figure out how to clean my office (worse than trying to figure out
why some people have 'faith' and others do not)
Marlena in Missouri
 Message-----