[lit-ideas] Re: comments the DEMs must defend

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:47:14 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

That's why we're losing so badly, because we're barking up the wrong tree.  Saddam was a Stalinist, had nothing to do with terrorism except as promulgated by best selling author Laura Mylroie.  If we knew what's what and who's where, maybe we'd stand a chance instead of losing like crazy.

For Lawrence, what do you say to the the fact that General Dynamics is developing amphibious vehicles to storm beaches?  No military Keynesianism there, not for a minute. It's also hard to explain, isn't it, why for $4 billion ($4 billion) we can eradicate all (all) the substrates for nuclear weapons in the world but instead we're focusing on whatever it is we're focusing on in Iraq at the cost of trillions.  BTW, I guess you heard Bush will be cutting veterans' benefits?

Brian, who cares about deathbed conversions?  Why not look at what Saddam did during his life, and who he followed, which is Stalin?  But you say you are, you're quoting Laura Mylroie for your evidence.  Amazing stuff.  We throw away trillions by attacking states when our problem is stateless and we rely on best selling authors for justification. We're so clueless they're whupping us with cell phones and laptops while we develop state of the art weapons for WWII.  In the meantime, what are we doing about it?  Why, we're bellyaching about leftists...