[lit-ideas] Re: Yahoo! Traitors with Clinton Sidebar

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:45:57 -0400

You're talking about the Clinton Global Initiative where Clinton has pulled
together hundreds of heads of state from around the world and committed
them to doing something positive.  You want him to run to China with a
baseball bat and start smashing away.  You think that's going to bring
change.  Clinton was an effective president because he's charismatic and he
charms people and he knows how to get things done.  He understands that
there's no way anyone can go into China and change their system of
government, but by rubbing elbows through business, making friends with the
West, eventually they may change.  Doing it Bush's way, he'd run in and
start a war, make a mess and head for vacation.  Clinton uses diplomacy to
get change, and I suspect that bothers you because your buddy Bush doesn't
have a clue what diplomacy is.

Andy Amago