[lit-ideas] Re: When a civilized society fights a barbarous one

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:02:57 -0700 (PDT)

> EY:
> > If you are just talking only about war-fighting,
> and calling the US
> > barbarian, surely you realize that if we were
> truly barbarian, by say
> > Mongol Invasion standards, the wars would be over.
> The Iraqis and all the
> > Afghan resistance would be dead, and any survivors
> would be serving as our
> > slaves.

*Now it's not your fault that it hasn't quite worked
out that way yet, Eric. But the Mongols, too, didn't
exactly kill indiscriminately anyone who chanced on
their way. To be sure, there was plenty of killing and
looting, but the real goal was conquest and political
domination. Perhaps this could sound familiar.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com