[lit-ideas] Re: When a civilized society fights a barbarous one

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:37:26 -0500

Hey, Mike, what's a failed human being? Somebody who doesn't
agree with you?

I was thinking more along the lines of a person who fails to develop what Charles Taylor might call respect for life. But yes, 'respect for life' means to me what it means to me, not to you. Ergo, a failed human being would be one who hasn't developed those core values that I think are the hallmark of a human being. No doubt Ms West thinks I'm a girly man and therefore a contemptible human being. I guess I'll have to beat her up to prove otherwise.

C'mon big guy, fess up.

I did and I'm proud.

Mike Geary