[lit-ideas] Re: When a civilized society fights a barbarous one

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

--- Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Omar:
>

> Texas is in the Southwest United States where I
> live.  I've been there, have
> you?

*I haven't been to Texas but I've seen a lot of films
about it and I've read a lot of books. The highest
level of civilization that I remember being indicated
is that you were supposed to warn a man verbally
before shooting him. Shooting someone straight in the
back was not considered gentlemanly, you were expected
to give him a second to react or something. Ah yes,
and shooting a woman was thought profane, there were
better things to do with women. So you are saying that
what I have got from films and books is not the real
Texas ? Why aren't there more moderate Texans to speak
out ?

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com