[lit-ideas] Re: The Religious Right Isn't What It Used to Be

  • From: Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:51:59 +0100

On 29. Okt 2007, at 03:31, John McCreery wrote:

Lawrence,

We have no substantive disagreement.  All it takes is "They might...not vote" coming true to destroy destroy Republican majorities. They don't have to vote for Democratic candidates. All  they have to do is sit out or support third-party candidates. That's the Republican strategist's nightmare and his Democratic counterpart's dream scenario.

I like that 'destroy destroy' - and think it says worlds about the impatience (to say the *least* - some are not so polite) which I seem to sense in many Americans awaiting the end of the Bush, Jr. era.

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany