[lit-ideas] Re: Sustained Incongruencies

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 16:56:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/2006 3:48:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

(E.g.,  "I am a great
painter who will start painting as soon as I get
time  off from my Wal-Mart clerk job.")

HEY!

Now, Eric, YOU are crossing a line!

What do you think *I* say to myself in order to keep on keeping on?  I  made
the decision to stay working where I do for the next 7.5 years (sounds so
much better than 'almost eight' doesn't it?)--as we have the 80-and-out rule so

that will open up lots of doors for me! <g>

Still--to have that dream, to me, shows how much energy it takes to be
creative--and even some of that creativity must be used at so simple a place as

Walmart (unless it is such a place that drains the energy out of people who
work
 there not just not paying them enough to live...)

Though we DID set up the 'How to write a novel while you work full-time'
program and one of these days I'll actually attend it...(the guy teaching it
did
that and has just gotten his second book published...)  (Nothing like
playing on the hopes of the intellectual person's lottery--that of publishing
the
Great American Novel which will also be chosen by Oprah and thus make you a
fortune <g> We don't sell lottery tickets, but we do set you for
dreamland...or, um, what was the term? neurosis...)

Best,
Marlena in Missouri
worried about the decision to goof off today...and the impact on
tomorrow...and if I can possibly make it to the 6 pm meeting for planning the
program
which will be held next Saturday and not wanting to do so...and oh...the
incongruity of it all...Life or work...)