[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:38:27 -0500

I think one reason Obama is so agressively pursuing every individual vote,
states which are traditionally red (take a look at what's happening in WV,
e.g. -- and even Arizona!), is that he wants such an overwhelming landslide
that no one can cry "foul".  It looks from the electoral votes at this point
that he will get it.  I, too, was amazed at Colin Powell -- I've always
liked him, but he was absolutely beautiful, though seemed very sad, during
the interview.  That's going to speak volumes to the hard-core centrist
Republicans in the country.  One headline I saw this morning was "Colin
Powell vs. Joe the Plumber".  Hah.

You know, I'm rambling here as a political naif, but it has seemed to me
from the very beginning of Obama's campaign that he and his rather brilliant
team excel at long term strategy and being aware of all the various
pitfalls.  They do great contingency planning and anticipatory planning.
Call it insanity, womens' intuition, naivete, or gas .... when I heard O's
2004 speech my immediate thought was, he's going to be President.  And all
along the way -- his seemingly impossible race against Hillary, and
everything since, I just have this calm feeling that he'll be inaugurated
this January.  So sue me -- or commit me.

I have a good friend in NY in his early 70s -- we've talked politics off and
on for years.  He too, Eric, feels as though the rep's and dem's are simply

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hadn't actually been paying too much attention to the ACORN kerfuffle,
> but found this little opinion piece yesterday.
>
> http://www.opednews.com/articles/-ANOTHER-MICKEY-MOUSE-THEO-by-chuck-hillestad-081018-689.html
>
> And didn't I also read something about an organization tricking people into
> changing their registration from Democrat to Republican in California and
> Florida?  They pretended to be collecting signatures for a petition against
> child pornography or something...
>
> Judith Evans wrote:
>
>> Goodness I'm sleepy. I forgot to add that there's a difference between
>> registration fraud and voter fraud.

Julie Krueger

Visit www.VoteForChange.com. Register to vote and help spread the word.