[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

No apologies required.  Carter was a good president.  He put solar panels and a
wood burning stove in the White House.  Reagan took them out.  It's amazing to
me that Reagan did that since both of them had the same information.  Okay, the
North Slope was discovered around then, but they must have known it had a
limited capacity.  Talk about not being able to see more than five minutes into
the future.  Let's get out there, use it up as fast as possible, build that
better mouse trap, all against a backdrop of the CIA warning about peak oil in
the 70's; they even used oil as a weapon against the SU (Richard Heinberg; The
Party's Over).  The morning sun really got in their eyes...

--- On Tue, 10/21/08, Veronica Caley <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apologies re post on Carter.  I sent it before I read Andy's.

Veronica