[lit-ideas] Re: Stand Close to Me

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:26:39 -0330

Is it that females are, for some reason, more mature on average than males in
the W. Hemisphere? (Carol Gilligan and Nel Nodding seem to corroborate this
hypothesis.) And if that is the case, what accounts for the
maturity-differential? I, myself, have always been drawn to older women, ever
since the age of 10. (Montrealish ethics, and a very liberal post-Trudeauish
cosmopolitan society has alot to do with it. I'll never forget Maxine.)

Moving on:

Why do so many women think of us older guys as "immature brats" even when we put
on our best fronts and try really hard to act like Cary Grant? Is it a matter
of our DNA? Or socialization? Or adherence to a post-metaphysical or
fundamentalist world-view? Returning to a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-viewing of
*North by Northwest*, A Hitchcock. "Really". Is it that Grace Kelly knew how to
move languidly and sensuously, slowly and deliberately without real effort, on
screen, or what? Or was it her fried cnicken? ("Feel the diamonds ...
")

Walter O.
St. Ivan's, Novoya Zemlya