[lit-ideas] Re: Snowballs are falling

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:14:24 EST

In a message dated 2/10/2006 7:28:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Not  sure.  My rule of thumb is that good feelings (as long as no one is
getting hurt, including the self) reflect the truth.  Lousy feelings  reflect
crap that we learn in childhood.  When people are feeling lousy  about
themselves
(like they're failures, that kind of thing), guaranteed it's  introjected
messages from childhood (read: what their parents told them  or what they
misunderstood and blamed themselves in their childish magical  thinking way)
that
they're hearing in their unconscious and translating into  feelings.  Nothing
do with reality.

Hi,
The part I might agree with here is the 'nothing to do with  reality'...

I do not think that lousy feelings necessarily reflect 'crap' we learned in
childhood. (perhaps some of it might have been carried over from a past life?
That sometimes seems often more likely in my world, actually--for where did
some  of this come from?  or, perhaps it is because of things we picked up on
after we were grown up?)

But, I do think that our feelings are often our 'guidance system' telling  us
that we need to look at something.  Often it IS that what our *brains*  are
thinking that is not correct--that we might be thinking that we are lousy or
such a thing--but fundamentally, our unconscious/subconscious/higher
self/another dimension of our brain is using our feelings to get our
attention--so
that we can make the separation of our feeling and our  belief/intellectual
thought that is not healthy/real--and then make the changes  we need.  Even if
it
is simply to say--huh. This is good information.   I'm feeling this or
that--but it is NOT true.  kind of like learning to  live consciously or take
every
thought captive or some such thing...

But, not necessarily something that we have no control over or some sort of
repressed childhood memory <g> (repressed because maybe we actually had a
pretty decent childhood...unlike the little meth children who my friends are
now
foster parents to...THEY have had a rotten childhood...though it is getting
better...)

Best,
Marlena