[lit-ideas] Snowballs are falling

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:41:49 -0600

It's snowing very hard today, giant wet snowflakes that cling to everything.
It doesn't snow like this very often in Memphis.  They say we average 5 inches
a year, but I can't remember any snow for the last 4 years.  Everybody gets
excited here when it starts these showy snows.  The schools are already closed,
grocery stores will be packed, most of the local TV news is taken up with
announcements of closings and cancellations and postponements.  The bars all
get filled with merry-makers.  Adults turn into children.  It's fascinating how
a little break in the routine can change so much.  Many that's what's going on
in the Muslim countries, maybe the cartoons are just snow ti them, they're
celebrating.  L'chaym, fellas.

Mike Geary
Memphis