========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Snowballs are falling
 Date: 2/10/06 3:42:14 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's snowing very hard today, giant wet snowflakes  that cling to everything.
 It doesn't snow like this very often in  Memphis.  They say we average 5
inches a year, but I can't remember any  snow for the last 4 years.  Everybody
gets excited here when it starts  these showy snows.  The schools are already
closed, grocery stores will be  packed, most of the local TV news is taken up
with announcements of  closings and cancellations and postponements.  The bars
all get filled with  merry-makers.  Adults turn into children.  It's
fascinating how a  little break in the routine can change so much.  Many that's
what's
going  on in the Muslim countries, maybe the cartoons are just snow ti them,
they're celebrating.  L'chaym, fellas.

Mike Geary
Memphis