[lit-ideas] Re: Russian?

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 19:27:19 -0600

One more attempt at clarity.  Perhaps the cold has frozen my brain.  The
way I'm accustomed to daily use of English, one can drink out of a glass
(made of) cup (shape) or a glass (made of) glass (shape), a plastic cup, or
a plastic glass, but the noun indicates the shape while the adjective can
specify the material it's made of.

It isn't in and of itself a big deal, but since it's given as "the" example
in the article of the premise of the article, it gave me pause.

Julie Campbell
Julie's Music & Language Studio
1215 W. Worley
Columbia, MO  65203