[lit-ideas] Re: More places to nuke

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:04:45 -0600

JK:

No bombs AND good health care. What am I waiting for? Oh, wait...are there any *warm* climates in Canada?<<

Try Vancouver. A maritime climate, cool summers, mild winters, and as a bonus very Northern Europe "clean", but expect lots of gray sky. Seattle, about 100 miles south, averages 200 days of cloud cover per year, still, you get used to it and clear days are wondrous events that send your soul soaring. Yes, Vancouver's the place. On the other hand, San Francisco has the most sunny days of any city in the US. I'm moving to San Francisco where the summers are cold and the winters warm and I can forget all about Bush. As Garrison Keillor once observed of Seattle's penchant for clouds: "Some reach puberty before ever seeing Mt. Rainier." Just so, some reach puberty in San Francisco before ever seeing a cloud.

Mike Geary
Memphis