[lit-ideas] Re: More places to nuke

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:59:46 -0600

PS:

It sounds like you are calling Canadians apes.

EY:
All human beings.

On Seinfeld, Elaine's boyfriend, the mechanic, objected to her calling him a "grease monkey". "I haven't seen a monkey yet who can take apart an automatic transmission and put it back together."

I find Eric's statement: "The only progress we have ever consistently maintained is in the technology of war." rather hard to swallow. Depends on how you define progress, I guess. For my part, I prefer not living in a cave, not eating raw meat, not sacrificing my fellows to appease the Volcano God, not believing that eating beans while facing a north wind causes pregnancy, I prefer not consulting the stars (as Ronald Reagan did), or pythons or the entrails of various beasts. I could go on and on but maybe you get the idea that we as a species have progressed in many, many, many more ways than mere weaponry.

grateful for calculus, too, but still counting on my fingers
Mike Geary
Memphis